We are hiring
What we do:
Albert Gelman Inc. is a boutique insolvency and financial services practice with its head office in Downtown Toronto, and 4 satellite offices in the Greater Toronto Area. We specialize in commercial and consumer insolvency services, forensic investigatory services and business valuation.
We have a highly skilled team of professionals, an established reputation and a proven track record with lenders, creditors, debtors and other stakeholders.
We are in need of an Associate to join our group in Downtown Toronto. This position offers exposure to businesses operating in industries such as manufacturing, real estate, technology, food and beverage, service and retail industries. The applicant will have the opportunity to learn all aspects of financial restructuring, while also articling to become a Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Professional and Licensed Insolvency Trustee.
What You Can Do For Us:
You will be involved in all aspects of our corporate and consumer insolvency practice, including the following:
- Assessments of the financial position, business plans and forecasts for businesses
- Assessments of the financial situation and counseling of consumer debtors
- Assisting in the formulation and execution of a plans for both corporate and consumer debtors
- Working on corporate and consumer engagements, including bankruptcies, proposals and consulting engagements
- Negotiations of settlements with creditors, including banks and Canada Revenue Agency
- Preparing and monitoring both corporate plans and consumer insolvencies
- Report writing and presentations to creditors
Who You Are:
- You are currently enrolled, or desire to be enrolled, in the CIRP qualification program
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience either in a professional services firm or industry
- You have a professional accounting designation and/or university business degree
- You have experience in the preparation and analysis of financial projections, business plans and cash flows
- You are a team player, principled and you have high ethical standards
Please send your resume and covering letter by email to email@example.com.
AGI Management Team