CPA, CA, CBV, CIRP, Licensed Insolvency Trustee
- My Client’s Business Needs Protection from its Creditors … and it Needs it Now
- Substituting a Bankruptcy Trustee – Creditors May Replace the Trustee of a Bankruptcy Estate
- Income Tax Act section 160 – Tax Liability Associated with Transfers to Related Parties
- Application for a Bankruptcy Order by a Creditor – Another Tool in the Litigators Toolbox
- Protecting Corporate Directors from CRA Assessments
- CRA Froze and/or Garnished Your Bank Account? Options?
- Using a Bankruptcy to Unravel a Financial Fraud
- Does a Proposal Filing Affect a Tax Debtor’s rights to object, appeal or request relief?
Tom has more than 12 years of experience providing professional financial advisory services. He regularly acts in a formal capacity as Proposal Trustee, Receiver, Monitor, Liquidator and Trustee. Informally he is often engaged to consult with various stakeholders affected by distressed debt situations including small and medium sized businesses and their owners, secured and unsecured creditors, shareholders, directors and their professional advisors.
Tom is a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA), Chartered Business Valuator (CBV), Chartered Insolvency and Restructuring Professional (CIRP) and federally Licensed Insolvency Trustee (LIT).
Tom speaks regularly to all types of professionals on insolvency and restructuring related matters. Tom has presented on behalf of CCH Wolters Kluwer, CPA Canada, the Canadian Institute of Chartered Business Valuators (CICBV) as well as several local CPA chapters. Tom has provided authoritative commentary on insolvency related matters in Discussion and Analysis as published by CPA Canada.
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act Section 38 – Creditors Taking Matters Into Their Own Hands
- Did the CRA asses the Director of a Bankrupt Company in Time?
- My Business Needs Protection from its Creditors and it Needs it Now
- The Proliferation of the Consumer Proposal
- Early Termination of Contracts / Agreements is a Tool Available to Companies in a Financial Restructuring